Best fertility-related products – my choice
A general note: I’ve invested a lot of time into finding the best products and update the list frequently. However, depending on your geolocation, you may be redirected by Amazon – there’s nothing I can do about that. Please drop me an email if you hear of any fertility-related products that work even better. Thank you!
CoQ10 for fertility (high absorption supplements)
A general note on CoQ10 supplements: Q10 is an expensive raw material to start with, that’s why companies save on it and it’s hard to find a supplement with more than 100 mg per capsule (and they aren’t cheap either). However, it’s essential to take Q10 in the best quality available, because low-quality products (where Q10 is dissolved in water instead of vegetable oil, or even pressed as a powder etc) do not absorb well in the gut, and you will be wasting time and money and eggs by compromising on Q10. Later you may want to check this article: Which CoQ10 is best for fertility and why?
My favorite Q1o supplements:
- Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with Enhanced Mitochondrial Support 100 mg (60 softgels)
- Doctor’s Best High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine, Gluten Free, Naturally Fermented, Heart Health, Energy Production, 100 mg
- NOW Coq10 100mg, 150 Softgels
- Nature’s Bounty Co Q-10 100 mg, 75 Softgels
Vitamin D for fertility
As a general note, please remember that it’s not just the egg quality and folliculogenesis that vitamin D helps with, it also fixes a whole spectrum of autoimmune disorders and helps to create an implantation-friendly environment in the uterus. Depending on your skin type you may need anything between 2000- 5000 IU (international units) per day just to not be deficient in vitamin D. The optimal blood vitamin D level for women who are trying to conceive and/or breastfeeding is 40-50 ng/ml. (You may want to check this article: How to increase fertility with vitamin D).
My favorite vitamin D supplements (please note that, depending on your geographic location, Amazon may redirect/change links):
- NatureWise Vitamin D3 5,000 IU for Healthy Muscle Function, Bone Health and Immune Support, Non-GMO in Cold-Pressed Organic Olive Oil
- Nature Made Vitamin D3 5000 IU Ultra Strength
- NOW Vitamin D-3 5,000 IU,240 Softgels
- Nordic Naturals – Omega Woman, Evening Primrose Oil Blend, 120 Soft Gels
- Dr. Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength, Burpless, Non-GMO, NSF-Certified
- Viva Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement, 180 Capsules – Highly Concentrated Fish Oil Omega 3
- Nature’s Bounty Fish Oil 1200 mg Omega-3, 180 softgels each (pack of 2)
Folic acid and prenatal supplements
- CONCEPTION Fertility Prenatal Vitamins – Regulate Your Cycle, Balance Hormones, Aid Ovulation – Myo-Inositol, Vitex, Folate Folic Acid
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vegetarian Multivitamin Supplement with Folate, Iron, Probiotics & Ginger
- Nordic Naturals – Prenatal DHA, Supports Brain Development in Babies During Pregnancy and Lactation
- Nature’s Bounty Folic Acid 800 mcg
- Solgar – Folic Acid 800 mcg
- Jarrow Formulas Methyl Folate 5-MTHF, Supports Brain, Memory, Cardiovascular Health
DHEA for increasing egg quality (25mg supplements)
In some countries you need a prescription to purchase DHEA. In some other, DHEA is freely available over the counter. You may want to consult your doctor if you wish to supplement DHEA and monitor your testosterone every 2-3 months (especially important if your ovaries have any signs of PCOS).
Fertinatal DHEA, 75 mg per day (Developed in collaboration with Center for Human Reproduction in NYC!)
Ovulation strips and tests
Ovulation occurs in the mid-cycle and I clearly recommend to know when that is. You may want to check my articles: Should you use basal body temperature to determine ovulation? and A number of pain-killers can stop ovulation and lower fertility?
Thyroid support for infertility
While mild thyroid issues can be fixed with supplements, I recommend that you regularly test your TSH and also make sure that it stays within range that is optimal for supporting pregnancy (1-2 mIU/L). Even a slightly dysfunctional thyroid can increase your risk of having a miscarriage, so please address this issue on time. If you have any questions, or would like me to adjust your supplement list, here is how you can find me.
- Thyroid Support Complex With Iodine
- The Thyroid Connection: Why You Feel Tired, Brain-Fogged, and Overweight
- NOW Thyroid Energy, 180 Veg Capsules
- Pure Encapsulations – Thyroid Support Complex – Hypoallergenic Supplement with Herbs and Nutrients for Optimal Thyroid Gland Function
- The Paleo Thyroid Solution: Stop Feeling Fat, Foggy, And Fatigued At The Hands Of Uninformed Doctors – Reclaim Your Health!
Relaxation and sleep aid, herbs (Vitex – chasteberry)
- used all over the world for hundreds of years to help maintain hormonal balance and prolong cycle length
Helpful extras, male supplements etc:
- OvaBoost for Egg Quality
- Fertility Blend for Men: 3 Month Supply
- SpermCheck Fertility Home Sperm Test Kit | Indicates Normal or Low Sperm Count | Convenient, Accurate and Private | Easy To Read Results in 10 Minutes
- Pink Stork Fertility Tea
- Nature Made Maximum Strength Melatonin 5 mg
- NOW Royal Jelly 1000 mg
Hope this list helps! If you need my help with supplements and dosages please don’t hesitate to contact me.