Skilled molecular biologist with a doctorate in biochemistry and strong background in stem- and reproductive biology.
Author of the #1 rated e-book on Amazon based on my personal infertility journey: How to Improve Egg Quality: The Smart Way to Get Pregnant.
Over ten years of laboratory experience in cell culture, including the IVF-Labor of the Dexeus Women’s Health (Barcelona, Spain).
Since 2014: Fertility coaching
2012-2013: Founded Paleo-Mama: All About Egg Health
My blog was born out of my personal wish to help women of all ages to better understand their fertility and their reproductive choices.
On my blog you will find the information on all things ovarian reserve, facts related to infertility treatments not commonly discussed in mainstream media, and a lot of knowledge about lifestyle changes which are scientifically proven to have a positive impact on female fertility.
Workplaces/education before 2012:
2008 – 2011: Free University Berlin– Institute of Biochemistry/Charité – Postdoc research and teaching
2001 – 2007: Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich – Postdoc investigator
1999-2001: Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Clinic – PhD, biochemistry
1992-1999: University in Belgrade – Degree in Molecular biology and Physiology
1991-1992: Harborcreek Highschool, Erie, USA
My papers& publications – selection according to impact factor (please note my name before 2009 was Obradovic)
1. Obradovic-Wagner D., Sieber C., Bhushan R., Börgermann J., Graf D.,Knaus P. BMPs – From Bone to Body Morphogenetic Proteins. (2010) Science Signaling. (IF:30,1)
2. Obradovic D., Zanci C., Vogl A. .Trümbach D., Deussing J., Condorelli G., Rein T. Vitamin D(3) signalling in the brain enhances the function of Phosphoprotein Enriched in Astrocytes – 15 KDa (PEA-15). (2009) Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. (IF:5,1)
3. McGrath J., Scragg R., Chant D., Eyles D., Burne T., Obradovic D.: No association between serum 25 hydroxyvitamin D3 level and performance on psychometric tests in NHANES III. (2007) Neuroepidemiology. (IF:2,2)
4. Obradovic D.,Gronemeyer H., Lutz B., Rein T. Cross-talk of vitamin D3 and glucocorticoids in hippocampal cells. (2006) J Neurochem. (IF:4,5)
5. Obradovic D., Tirard M., Hirsch O., Gronemeyer H., Almeida O.F.X.: DAXX, FLASH and FAF-1 modulate mineralocortocoid and glucocorticoid receptor-mediated transcription in hippocampal cells – towards a basis for the opposite actions elicited by two nuclear receptors? (2004) Molecular Pharmacology. (IF:4,7)
6. Puccetti E., Obradovic D., Beissert T., Bianchini A., Washburn B., Chiaradonna F., Boehrer S., Hoelzer D., Ottmann OG, Pelicci PG, Nervi C., Ruthardt M.: AML-associated translocation products block vit.D3-induced differentiation by sequestering the vitamin D3 receptor. Cancer Research (2002) Dec 1;62(23):7050-8. (IF:7,5)
7. Buzadzic B., Korac B., Lazic T. and Obradovic D.: Effect of supplementation with Cu and Zn on antioxidant enzyme activity in the rat tissues. (2002) Food Research Intl. (IF:2,5)